Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Engagement

Many of you know Ernie and I have been with each other going on seven years.  Now, recently I did an internship teaching Geometry at Schurr High School with Ernie's master gardening friend and carpool buddy Ms. Vivian Nakano.  One day Vivian tells me that she got certified online to officiate her daughter's wedding.  Then she told me to tell Ernie that she can marry us.  SO.  I went home that night and told Ernie what Vivian said and ended with, "...so what do you think about that?"  Ernie replied, "I like that idea what do you think about that?"  I think I dropped my fork or at least dropped my jaw a bit then repeated, "I like that idea what do YOU think about that?" I'm not really sure how many times we repeated it back and forth, but it ended with a, "So...should we tell our folks that we're getting married then?"  And the next day I called his mom and said, "I think I proposed to your son last night!" She was ecstatic.  The rest has been a whirlwind of planning.
  
   
I've decided to write about our wedding plans for the big day for everyone to see.  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment